1. General Rules
To pursue the long-standing tradition of UniCredit and reflect its European dimension,UniCredit & Universities Knight of Labor Ugo Foscolo Foundation announces eightgrants aimed at all University students of UniCredit geography for study exchangeprogrammes to/from Serbia and Russia.
2. Details concerning the grants
Each grant is worth € 4,200 (gross of taxes) for a 6 month period of exchange startingfrom 2012. In addition, an economy return flight ticket will be fully paid by the Foundation.3. Eligibility requirementsTo be eligible for the competition, an applicant must:
1) be a citizen of one of the 22 countries1 where UniCredit is present (UniCreditgeography)
2) be a university student in the fields of economics or finance at least in her/his 2ndyear of study2and:
3) either be enrolled at any University of UniCredit geography and be wishing tospend 6 months at a University located either in Russia or in Serbia
4) or be enrolled at a University located either in Russia or in Serbia and be wishingto spend 6 months abroad at any University within UniCredit geography
5) indicate in the application form as host Universities only those universities within theUniCredit perimeter, with an exchange agreement with their home university (maximum 3 universities can be indicated)
6) have good knowledge of EnglishThe grants are aimed to exchange periods abroad for 6 months, starting from January2012 and closing by March 2013.
4. How to apply
Candidates may only apply online using the application available on theFoundation’s website at www.unicreditanduniversities.eu. All the documentationaccompanying the application must be submitted exclusively online in PDF formatand must be written in English.In the application each candidate must indicate:
· her/his first name, surname, nationality, taxpayer’s code, date and place of birth;
· her/his mailing address, including post code, as well as telephone number and e-mailaddress;
· the host University(-ies) where she/he intends to spend the exchange period (a list ofmaximum 3 universities);
· the course she/he intends to attend as well as her/his plan of study abroad for theselected period;
· that she/he has never been convicted of a crime and that she/he has never been heldin preventive detention or under house arrest;
· that there are no criminal proceedings pending against her/him;
· that she/he authorizes the Foundation to process her/his personal details, pursuant toItalian Legislative Decree 196/2003.
Applications must be accompanied by the following documents (in PDF format and inEnglish). Failure to do so may result in exclusion from the competition:
· one certified copy of grades and exams taken with clear indication of maximum andminimum pass grade at her/his home university;
· one copy of a currently valid identification document;
· at least one letter of reference written by a home-university teacher and directly sentvia e-mail by the teacher to the Foundation addresses (see contacts below);
· an English certification and any other language certification as required by the HostUniversityAll the documents, apart from the copy of a currently valid identification document, haveto be written in English. Failure to do so may result in exclusion from the competition.
5. Closing date for presentation of the application
Candidates’ applications, complete with the accompanying documentation, must bedelivered by Internet no later than November 15, 2011, following the procedureindicated in the aforementioned internet site. When this time limit is reached, the onlineapplication procedure will be disabled.As soon as the procedure will be considered completed, the candidate will receive aconfirmation message to her/his e-mail address confirming the full acceptance ofher/his application.
6. Scientific Committee
The Foundation’s Scientific Committee will be responsible for the selection procedure andwill identify the winners of the grants. The Scientific Committee, appointed by theFoundation’s Board of Directors, is composed of members among academics expert fromthe main European countries in economics and finance.
7. Date of award of the grants
The grants will be awarded by 15 December 2011 by the Chairman of the Foundation onthe basis of the final decision expressed by the Scientific Committee as provided forunder art. 6.
8. Documentation to be presented after awarding of the grants
The recipients of the grants must send via e-mail the following documents (failure to do somay result in forfeiture of the grant), no later than 30 days of their being informed of beingawarded the grants:a) a certificate of citizenship;b) a declaration of the host University stating its willingness to host the candidatec) a declaration indicating the starting date of the study-exchange programme.
9. Requirements for receipt of the grants
The recipients must notify the Foundation of the country and university chosen for theexchange programme, and are obliged to follow the chosen plan of study in the countryand university specified. Any departure from this must be authorized in advance by theFoundation based on valid and documented reasons.The grant holder is obliged to report to the Foundation on the progress of her/his studiesby the end of the first three months of exchange period and to send a final report at theend of the exchange programme to illustrate comprehensively the studies performed.
10. Method of paymentThe grant is paid in two installments: the first installment in advance, at the beginning ofthe exchange period; the second installment at the beginning of the second quarter ofstudy abroad subject to Scientific Committee approval. In addition to the grant theFoundation will fully reimburse the travel expenses for an economy return flight ticket.The Foundation reserves right not to pay installments not yet accrued in the event ofinterruption, even temporary, of attendance of the exchange programme. In this event,the Foundation may also request the return of any installments paid in advance.
11. Possible cooperation with UniCredit CompaniesUniCredit reserves the right to offer those awarded the grants employment or any form ofcooperation with Group companies.
12. Acceptance of all the conditions of the regulations
Participation in the competition implies unconditional acceptance of the entirecontents of these regulations.Milan, July 15th 2011
For any further information: www.unicreditanduniversities.eu or contact UniCredit & UniversitiesFoundation, Via Santa Margherita 12 – 20121 Milano – Italy Tel.+39 02 8727 5583/4 e-mail:email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com