20-25 October 2012 | Vienna, Austria
Improving the impact of Non Formal Education (NFE), principles and methods in empowering young people as real actors of the society (from local to Europe) with a special focus on employability
Why this Training Course?
– To stimulate the participants to feel and reflect about the power of non-formal education (NFE) by experimenting different kind of non-formal educational methods.
– To analyze the role and perception of NFE in our different countries within a common Europe.
– To understand how NFE methods and approach can be used to promote cultural diversity and intercultural learning (ICL).
– To fight against the growing consuming approaches towards young people in the non-formal education field.
– To explore meanings, roles and complementarities of different educational approaches and methods (formal, non-formal, informal).
– To reconsider daily youth work practices.
– To reflect about possible NFE impact on youth employability
– To understand the principles of program building and NFE within Youth in Action.
Subtheme of this TC : Employability
The National Agencies carrying this training course have decided on a specific subtheme : Employability. The structure of the TC stays the same, but the content of the shown exercises and the debriefings will be focused on this particular subtheme.
How will it be done?
It is important to understand that this TC is not a training on acquiring and practising a diverse pallet of methods. Of course, participants will practice some methods during the TC, but this is in order to feel, analyse and understand the ’Power’ of NFE, as a tool for social local changes with the special focus on employability and their sense of initiative and entrepreneurship.
In order to have real impacts, the participants experience an innovative approach, using a full immersion in the experiential learning cycle: doing/ feeling, reflecting, transferring…
To have profound impact, we need to go further than classical running of training courses. The participants are encouraged to really build their own training and learning process. We consider that this is the condition to understand the real power of NFE.
The pedagogical process
A fundamental flow during the training is based upon:
– Experiencing: different educational settings, different non formal education methods (role play, simulation game, exercise…)
– Reflecting: on the methods and its impacts, on the power and limits of NFE, on building a pedagogical process…
– Transferring: to the own reality of participants, in order to improve ways of working with young people
– Sharing: different perceptions, current situations and experiences.
– Developing: the building capacity of the participants, by including them in the decision process of the project designing (participants will decide some sessions they feel they need to have) but also in the implementation of the program (power to people moments).
The program lasts for four full days . Arrival day on Saturday, 20 October and departure day on Thursday, 25 October.
Participants should be at least 18 years old and should have a good level of English.
Your kind of training?
This Training course is for 30 participants from SOUTH-EAST EUROPE, YOUTH IN ACTION PROGRAMME COUNTRIES and recommended for Youth workers, Youth leaders, Project managers, Young people
Interkulturelles Zentrum – NA Austria (National Agency)
- NA Estonia (National Agency)
Contact for questions:
Phone: +43 1 5867544 38