TC only for participants from Western Balkan countries + Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia and Belgium FR.
Why this Training Course?
– To stimulate the participants to feel and reflect about the power of non-formal education (NFE) by experimenting different kind of non-formal educational methods.
– To analyze the role and reception of NFE in our different countries within a common Europe.
– To discover and debate the European strategy of NFE.
– To fight against the growing consuming approaches towards young people in the non-formal education field.
– To explore meanings, roles and complementarities of different educational approaches and methods (formal, non-formal, informal).
– To reconsider daily youth work practices.
– To understand the principles of program building and NFE within Youth in Action.
How it will be done?
In order to have real impacts, the participants experience an innovative approach, using a full immersion in the experiential learning cycle: doing/ feeling, reflecting, transferring…
To have profound impact, we need to go further than classical running of training courses. The participants are encouraged to really build their own training and learning process, supported by a fine tuned pedagogical programme. We consider that this is the condition to understand the real power of NFE.
The pedagogical process
A fundamental flow during the training is based upon:
– Experiencing: different educational settings, different non formal education methods (role play, simulation game, exercise…)
– Reflecting: on the methods and its impacts, on the power and limits of NFE, on building a pedagogical process…
– Transferring: to the own reality of participants, in order to improve ways of working with young people
– Sharing: different perceptions, current situations and experiences.
– Developing: the building capacity of the participants, by including them in the decision process of the project designing (participants will decide some sessions they feel they need to have) but also in the implementation of the program (‘Power to the People’ moments).
The program lasts for four full days, with a preparation phase of the participants, and a mentoring phase after the course.
The programme of the training course is available below in the Downloads section at the end of the Participants’ Information Pack.
This TC is only for participants from Western Balkans countries + Slovenia, Croatia, Macedonia and Belgium FR.
Your kind of training?
This Training Course is for 25 participants from Belgium – FR, Croatia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Slovenia, Western Balkan countries and recommended for Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Project managers, Teachers.
Working language(s): English
- SALTO SEE (SALTO)
- MOVIT (National Agency)
Contact for questions:
Phone: +32 2 548 38 81
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses. Travel of Serbian participants will be covered by NA BEFR. (This activity is financed under TCA 2018)