Radi se o izuzetnom, socijalno veoma angažovanom EVS-u, u italijanskom ogranku međunarodne mirovne organizacije Service Civil International (SCI).
U nastavku se nalazi detaljniji opis i uslovi, pa, ako se odlučite da biste voleli da idete, pošaljite svoj CV i motivaciono pismo što pre, a, najkasnije do subote, 18. jula, na firstname.lastname@example.org.
EVS – SCI Italy
Period: 20th August 2015 – 30th August 2016
N° volunteers: 2 (one from Greece, one from Serbia)
Location: Rome, SCI Italy Office/La Città dell’Utopia
Project language: English and Italian
Local language: Italian
Pocket money: 300 euro (for food, transport expenses, pocket money)
Accommodation: Double room in a flat with other volunteers
The selected volunteers will be notified as soon as the National Agency approve the project (around mid-end of July).
SCI-Italy will follow its equal opportunities policy when selecting a volunteer.
Short description of the project
The project is a Group EVS involving 2 volunteers and will be carried out in Rome, Italy.
The EVS activity will last 12 months, starting from August 2015.
The project will take place mainly at „La Città dell’Utopia,“ a project of SCI-Italy in Rome, which can be defined as a social and cultural laboratory working for a new model of local and global development: balanced, sustainable and fair.
The project originates from a reflection on the social consequences of the current economic crisis, affecting – to various extent – all the European countries, Italy included. The crisis is seen as generating high rates of youth unemployment and increasingly common phenomena situations of social exclusion and even deviance. The project, acknowledging volunteering as a tool to generate human and social capital and a key factor for improving social cohesion, will actively involve the two EVS volunteers in the SCI-Italy’s activities (volunteering projects, raising awareness events) for the social inclusion of youth with fewer opportunities.
The project is meant as a learning process for the EVS volunteers – which will be acknowledged in the Youthpass certificate – and the methods of non-formal education will be applied to ensure the process.
The Service Civil International aims at developing solidarity and promoting tolerance between people, encouraging and supporting participation of youngsters in voluntary activities, both inside and outside the European Union.
For this reason, SCI organizes activities and campaigns for the promotion of peace, international solidarity and mutual understanding; besides workcamps and long term voluntary projects. Activities organized by SCI, both at the international and local level, are coordinated by the National Secretary of SCI, which headquarter is located in Roma (via Cruto 43, Municipality Roma XV). The area is well linked to the city centre and to other areas through public transportation (metro and buses).
The National Secretary represents the reference point for SCI activities, but also for activists and volunteers who promote philosophy and projects of the Association.
Volunteers will develop their program mainly in the headquarter of SCI Italy, with the supervision and follow up of SCI Staff.
The SCI-Italy “La Città dell’Utopia” project started in 2003 and is located in San Paolo’s district (via Valeriano 3F, Roma) in the southern part of Rome. It is a popular suburban area inhabited by a large number of elderly people, where also the number of families coming from Latin America, northeast Europe, Asia and Africa, is raising. During the last years the number of cultural local organizations whom SCI-Italy volunteers and activists cooperate with is increasing.
The main activities carried out in La Città dell’Utopia are the following:
– organization and hosting of international workcamps, north/south exchanges and international youth meetings;
– events to raise awareness on other cultures and countries,
– organizing conferences, meetings, festival, exhibitions, video, theater, thematic meals; courses (free or popular cost) of music, group dancing, tai chi, belly dance, languages, ceramics, gardening, alphabetization of informatics, theater; workshops on sustainable life styles, such as recycling, composting, reduction in consumptions and renewable sources of energy, garbage recycling; promotion of participative forms of active citizenship. For more information: www.lacittadellutopia.it
Objectives of the proposed EVS project:
– to involve European volunteers in the promotion of international voluntarism as a practice of active citizenship, intercultural education and personal and social growth;
– to spread news about the initiatives organized in Italy in order to promote the exchange and the intercultural respect, and to arouse interest in youngsters in actions which stimulate international solidarity;
– to give to volunteers the chance of actively participate in the implementation and development of a specific project, which constitutes an opportunity of individual growth;
– to strengthen, throughout team work and confrontation, the mutual comprehension between youngsters of different Countries.
Volunteers will be involved in the following activities:
- The volunteers will be involved in the following activities, mainly at “La Città dell’Utopia”:
- a) supporting the coordination of the work of local and international volunteers (groups and individuals) in order to ensure the running of the planned schedule;
- b) helping in the elaboration and the organization of weekly public cultural events and workshops on active citizenship, especially regarding the communication, logistic and operational levels;
- c) supporting the internal collaboration within the network of associations participating in the activities of “La Città dell’Utopia”, in particular with the one working with migrants and asylum seekers;
- d) implementing the international dimension through the coordination of international exchanges, workcamps, seminars;
In the proper dynamic of the project it is important that the volunteer manages to find the possibility to develop a personal activity following the lines of the project and of the organization. In order to enable the volunteers to implement their personal projects, a permanent support will be proposed in order the realize his ideas and project within “La Città dell’Utopia”.
The volunteers should have a good attitude and will to work in touch with people.
Who are we looking for:
Reliable, communicative and very motivated volunteers. It is very important that each volunteer is used to work in a team, that he/she is sociable, has a sense of humour, is flexible in different situations (e.g.: to propose/invent some additional activities in a time when there will not be any other specific activities on the agenda and prepared to give an extra hand in a period full of current activities.).
To apply we ask you to send:
– your CV
– motivation letter (explaining the reasons why you would like to be a volunteer in this specific project)